De Vette Mossel Hartbeespoort
In October 2012 the popular outdoor restaurant, De Vette Mossel, opened its Bushveldt Beach at Hartbeespoort Dam. The owners, Niël and Laurika du Bois opened the first De Vette Mossel in Mossel Bay in 2004. Formerly, from journalistic corporate background it was time to pursue their dreams.
From the onset of the newly established restaurant, De Vette Mossel was a hit with locals and visitors alike. Since then it continued to grow as a popular attraction. As the owners like to put it, “It was like living an endless vacation where they could walk bare feet along one of South Africa’s most beautiful beaches every day".
For the owners, De Vette Mossel was not just about a personal passion and lifestyle choice. The dozen or so chefs, cleaners and kitchen staff are integral components of a happy family. What makes it even more commendable, only jobless people were employed and trained new and valuable skills.
Visit us on Facebook
De Vette Mossel is recommended by Toro Ya Me
[header=Three De Vette Mossels later]
From the first original restaurant the business has now expanded to three outlets, all in prime locations.
Locations and hosts
De Vette Mossel Groot Brak Rivier
Your hosts: Niël and Laurika du Bois
De Vette Mossel Hartbeespoort Dam
Your hosts: Neels and Annette Swart.
At De Vette Mossel Walvis Bay Waterfront
Your host and cook: Jan Oberholzer
[header=On the menu]
1) Mussel meat, with onions, lots of garlic and farm butter or mussels in half shelf, steamed with onions.
2) West Coast Snoek with sweet potato done West Coast style.
3) Sea food pot with 4 types of fish, calamari, mussels and cleaned prawn tails, rice mixed salad, vegetable dish with milk and cheese.
4) Ostrich neck and goulash pot.
5) Catch of the day with onions, olive oil butter.
6) West Coast Rock Lobster which is optional on order.
7) Calamari Steak, fried with onions and olive oil butter./butter
8) Melon and sweet melon or tropical fruit.
9) Coffee and Koeksisters, Pot Bread with farm butter and jam preserve.
Please note the following:
- Menu is subject to seasons and availability
- We only use seafood products which are classified by SASSI as "green".
- The excellent preparation of top quality seafood, in abundance, and value for money, is our pride.
- Upon arrival we welcome you with a complementary glass of Cape wine.
- Bring along your own cool box with your own wine (remember ice and glasses).
- We donate all food that could not be eaten to needy households living in the area.
[header=Weddings and Functions]
De Vette Mossel can be hired for weddings and functions.
Some of the benefits for choosing De Vette Mossel:
- Arguably the best beach, bush beach and harbour based wedding venue around
- Exceptional menu and unparalleled prices
- For weddings there is no additional cost for venue hire
- Conduct the ceremony on the beach or use our wedding deck (Greate Brak)
- Enjoy excellent views of of both the ocean and beach (Great Brak & Walvis Bay)
- Our venues offer up to 300 days of sunshine a year
- All our restaurants offer idyllic settings
De Vette Mossel is great for work functions, yearend functions and birthday parties
- De Vette Mossel can easily accommodate up to 550
- Even though De Vette Mossel is partially open air, all seating is under canvas roofing
- De Vette Mossel is open year-round, including school holidays, “off-season” as well as weekends including Sunday afternoons
De Vette Mossel has two eating sessions per day:
Lunch session: 12h00 to 15h00
Dinner session: 18h30 to 24h00
R195 per adult
R90 per primary school scholar
R50 pre-primary scholar
The cost for West Coast Crayfish is additional to the set menu: R120
- No bar available, bring your own drinks (no corkage)
- We have no credit card facilities
Booking is essential.
Email: email@example.com .
Location: Portion 246 (Next to Ennis Nursery on the R511), 0262 Hartbeespoort
Phone: 082 346 3731
Phone: 079 339 0170
Phone: 082 346 3731
GPS: 25°45’386”S, 27°55’038”E