What is wheel balancing?
Wheel balancing has to do with the dynamics of forces when a wheel is spinning.
How would I know that my wheels are out of balance ?
- Unbalanced front wheels will cause your steering wheel to shake.
- Unbalanced rear wheels will cause the whole car to vibrate.
Consequences of wheels out of balance:
- Uneven tyre wear may result.
- Unnecessary suspension wear will occur.
- Rattles will occur.
- Reduced comfort leads to fatigue and irritability.
- Severe neglect may result in accidents.
Recommendation: Have wheel balancing checked at least once a year or when fitting new tyres. Also have your spare wheel checked regularly.
At no cost Supa Quick Parow will:
- Advise whether it is safe to drive the vehicle without repairing.
- Advise on a time frame before serious damage may occur.
- Warn if legal or insurance implications may result after an accident
- Give a free quotation and a time frame to repair.