Melt Away Recipes #1 - FILLED MUSHROOMS
Personal Note from Ilza
"To be on a dieet does not mean you cannot eat awesome meals."
I love mushrooms and this recipe is a wonder no matter what (Healthy) too
- 24 oz of large button mushrooms, wiped with a damp paper towel to clean
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 whole green onions, chopped fine
- 1 soup spoon of minced garlic
- a little sea salt
- 1 soup spoon of pesto
- 2-3 Tablespoons of butter
- shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove stems from mushrooms, and cut the tough part of the stem off and discard. Chop the rest of the stems up into small pieces.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat and place the whole stemless mushrooms in the melted butter and brown for a few minutes on each side then place in baking dish or in rimmed baking sheet.
- In the same skillet add garlic, chopped stems, about 1/2 of the green onions. There should still be plenty of butter to sautee this mixture, but if not add a tad more. Add a little sea salt (1/2 teaspoon?) Let this brown, and turn heat down to medium/low.
- Cut cream cheese into small chunks and add that with the pesto to the skillet. Let mixture melt together and stir well. (cream cheese doesn’t melt completely, it will soften a lot and let you mix the ingredients in.)
- Take a small amount and spoon into each mushroom cap, then optional top with a little parmesan cheese. Sprinkle leftover green onions on top, then put in your hot oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted or starting to brown a bit.
- topped with parmesan
Please like and/or share to your favourite social media sites the buttons are on the page for your convenience
Stay focus with our special facebook group just click the link and ask to join.
I am always just a email away
Iza Van Niekerk.