Enrolling now: ages Newborn to 6 years.
Our program is based on phonics. We teach young children:
· How to read
· Number recognition
· Classical music appreciation
· Simple art
· Non-denominational Bible stories
· A love of singing.
· Respect for adults: "Obey your parents the first time."
· How to get along with other children
· Respect for others and their property
· General music literacy
· Individual play and activity time
We have four supervised play times.
We open at 7:00 in the morning and close at 6:00 p.m.
Children as young as thirty months begin learning the phonics alphabet twice a day. By the time the child has spent two and a half years (30 months to age six) at Good Shepherd Pre school, many are reading at a second-grade level. This is not always true, but it is true in a large number of cases. Some children read above a second-grade level.
We also introduce number-recognition, classical music, and eye-hand coordination in coloring.Students also learn good behavior habits.